DemoPad Designer 2.138 questions

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
cv27

DemoPad Designer 2.138 questions

Post by cv27 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Can users create grouped objects (building blocks), .dcg files ?
Last edited by cv27 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

englishaudio

Re: DemoPad Designer 1.238 questions

Post by englishaudio » Wed May 22, 2013 3:51 pm

and can I also ask a question regarding the scrollable subpages.
I've got it working a treat but can't work out what the page scrolling tick box is for, it doesn't seem to make any difference if it checked or not.
I'm sure its there for a reason but I'm missing it.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 am

cv27 wrote:Can users create grouped objects (building blocks), .dcg files ?
We may enable that feature in the future, for now the main purpose was to make it easier to use our Pro Set graphics...we have created building blocks for all sets - if there is anything missing that you'd like adding to the Pro Sets, please email support & they will include.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu May 23, 2013 10:10 am

englishaudio wrote:and can I also ask a question regarding the scrollable subpages.
I've got it working a treat but can't work out what the page scrolling tick box is for, it doesn't seem to make any difference if it checked or not.
I'm sure its there for a reason but I'm missing it.
The idea is that if you have a scrolling area of say 100 pixels, and a total subpage length of 1000 pixels, then without the option ticked you are free to scroll around at will, so for example you could make visible the pixel area 135-234.

With the option ticked, it will scroll a 100 pixel 'page' at a time with a single swipe, ie first showing 0-100 pixels, then 101-200 pixels etc, and will lock on to each 100 pixel section, so you have 10 pages to scroll through, and you'll always see an entire page on screen.

Depending on the size of the subpage/scroll area (ie whether it is a multiple) you might not notice any difference.

englishaudio

Post by englishaudio » Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 am

I see, I hadn't got that far into it. Makes sense.
Thanks very much

cv27

Re: DemoPad Designer 2.138 questions

Post by cv27 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 pm

DemoPad wrote:
cv27 wrote:Can users create grouped objects (building blocks), .dcg files ?
We may enable that feature in the future, for now the main purpose was to make it easier to use our Pro Set graphics...we have created building blocks for all sets - if there is anything missing that you'd like adding to the Pro Sets, please email support & they will include.
The Pro sets are fine, thanks. I could have used this feature extensively when reusing the same group of objects on different pages/subpages. The convenience of setting the placement of objects relative to each other would have been a time saver for me. Yes, one develops tricks to expedite this process but nothing as simple as your object groups.

+1 to enable this feature for users.