new to the fomum and software, some help

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
jk330ci

new to the fomum and software, some help

Post by jk330ci » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi.
I saw the Youtube video demo of demopad and wanted it. How do i get backgrounds and buttons similar to the viseo on Youtube? Also i have a pioneer vsx 921 that is controlable over ip via an app on the ipad, is it poss to control this via ip using demopad? Also sky hd now allows control over ip using the sky+ app can this be controled via ip?
Iv read about apple tv being locked down and realise that will need to be controled via ir (shame)

trevorst

Re: new to the fomum and software, some help

Post by trevorst » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

I would suggest that you do a lot of google research on your equipment and also IP control.
Building a remote of this type needs quite a bit of technical knowledge, so you need to do your research to see if it something you want to take on. I don't have any of your equipment but a quick search will give you the answers.
As for the grahics, they are designed by graphic designers and will most likely be very expensive to buy, most of us design our own.

jk330ci

Post by jk330ci » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 am

Right iv been searching for pioneer vsx 921 ip codes and don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. Am I searching for the right thing? I know the amp can be controlled by an external app as roomie seems to control it. I'd like to work out how to control my amp and sky box before investing to much time on GUI. Eventually I will be getting a smart tv which I hope to add also. Once thats all done its just the aap,e tv to worry about.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charles

Post by Charles » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 am

Here is the command set of Pioneer VSX series, just add a new device, and open the Command Editor, then use “Import from File”, make sure you have put in the correct IP address of your amp, and its port number is 23, have fun!

Charles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cv27

Post by cv27 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 am

Charles wrote:Here is the command set of Pioneer VSX series
Thanks Charles, seems to work on a VSX1021. Playing with it via Telnet. Do you have any information on the replies back from the VSX? It sends a bunch of lines, mostly cryptic to me. Needed to set up some action based on the 2-way feedback, right?

As an example, when sending a power on (PO), heer's what I get back:
PWR0
LM0207
LM0207
FL022020566964656F74726F6E202020
FN05
VTA011111111111111111000000000000
FL0220545620535552524F554E442020

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

With regards to Sky, any box that can be used with the new sky app can be controlled over IP and there are commands on the command page to do so, however due to the limited nature of the app, only limited commands are available. I know there are people who are working on this to try and perform more actions and it looks like it will be possible, but not at present in an easily accessible form.

For example, to send 101 to the sky box via IR, you send 1, 0, 1. But with IP its sent as a HTTP POST message containing the string '101'. I have successfully sent a channel entry number like this to the sky box, but not through demopad, only using a HTTP POST tool. As far as i know, demopad does not have the ability to take 3 numbers that are entered separately and join them together and then add them to a long HTTP POST message. Coming from a programming background, I would have thought it would have to involve a variable that could be set and then combined with a POST message, and im sure demopad doesnt currently have the ability to do that.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

As far as i know, demopad does not have the ability to take 3 numbers that are entered separately and join them together and then add them to a long HTTP POST message
Yes it does, if you have 3 number variables, or labels, called 'NUM1' 'NUM2' and 'NUM3', you can create a command that looks like this:

POST /Target.cgi?ChannelNumber=[NUM1][NUM2][NUM3] HTTP/1.0\x0D\x0A

etc - and when the command is sent, the values of the variables will be inserted into the command

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:50 pm

ok i was unaware of that, and that is good to know for the future, but I was more referring to something like this.

For sky, in order to send a command over IP to change to channel 101, you need to do these steps:

101 is not what is sent to the box, using this lookup table (or a version of it): http://pastebin.com/mxJNMHv5 You will see that actually 101 corresponds to binary 2002 and Hexadecimal Channel ID 7D2. It is 7D2 that is sent to the box via the following command + headers etc:

SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-nds-com:service:SkyPlay:2#SetAVTransportURI"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelop ... ansportURI xmlns:u="urn:schemas-nds-com:service:SkyPlay:2"><InstanceID>0</InstanceID><CurrentURI>xsi://7D2</CurrentURI><CurrentURIMetaData>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</CurrentURIMetaData></u:SetAVTransportURI></s:Body></s:Envelope>

So to do this, I think we'd have to find a way of taking the number that a person enters in demopad, looking it up on a table to find the hex channel id and then inserting that hex ID into the above command and sending that command. You now say that inserting a code into a command is possible, but taking a number, storing it in memory and looking it up in a table, that seems quite a complex task to be included? I believe the actual sky app downloads this table from here http://tv.sky.com/channel/index and performs lookups against it when a user enters a channel number