2-Way feedback with Micasa Verde Vera Z-Wave Gateway

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
itchy_balls

2-Way feedback with Micasa Verde Vera Z-Wave Gateway

Post by itchy_balls » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 am

I've successfully set up basic light switch ON/OFF controls in Demopad. I would like to configure 2-way feedback in a way in which a corresponding image is shown based on the light switch status.

This button when the light switch is ON;
..and this for OFF.

I can poll the status of a switch via a web call to Vera's web server.

example;

Code: Select all

http://192.168.14.102:3480/data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=129
..and the return is an XML output that contains the following line;

Code: Select all

<state id="17" service="urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1" variable="Status" value="1"/>
value="1" for ON and "0" for OFF.

To me it sounds like it will work in theory but I am not having any luck finding detailed information with 2-way feedback configuration.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: 2-Way feedback with Micasa Verde Vera Z-Wave Gateway

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

Ok, use the ‘Off’ image for your button, and select the ‘highlight image’ menu to choose the ‘On’ image for the button. Change the highlight flag from ‘None’ to a flag called ‘129LightsOn’ or something.

Then, create a device (if you have not done so already) with IP address 192.168.14.102, port 3480. Add a pre-defined command called ‘Request Light 129 Status’, the data for which should be:

GET /data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=129 HTTP/1.0\x0D\x0A

Then, in the 2-way feedback menu for the device, create 2 fixed response conditions with data:

SwitchPower1" variable="Status" value="1”
and
SwitchPower1" variable="Status" value="0"

The first condition should execute an action to set the ‘129LightsOn’ flag to ON, and the second condition should execute an action to set the flag to OFF. This will adjust the button image to its highlight state.

All you now need to do is have a button, or a repeating page load action which sends the command to request the data.

2-way feedback can be tricky to get working – I’d suggest you play around with Hercules first using the TCP Client tab to send the request data & make sure the response is what you expect. Watch out for the response terminator – it will be set to \x0D by default, but if that doesn’t work try setting it to > which will break up the incoming data into chunks which end with the > character.

ChrisB75

Post by ChrisB75 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi, I'd appreciate some help with this one too please.
I've tried your suggested method but the first stumbling block is sending commands. I've tested using Hercules but it will not accept;

GET /data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=129 HTTP/1.0\x0D\x0A

and returns;

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request{0D}{0A}Content-Type: text/plain{0D}{0A}Content-Length: 104{0D}{0A}Connection: close{0D}{0A}{0D}{0A}Error 400: Bad Request{0A}Can not parse request: [GET/data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=9]
Connection closed

It's fine if you send a full http command as send data to website, e.g.; to set a dimmer to 80% (using Veralite and RFx transceiver, but can you configure 2-way feedback doing it this way?

http://192.168.0.xx:3480/data_request?i ... lTarget=80

I've tried a few variations without luck so any suggestions would be most welcomed :)

rajkhurana

Post by rajkhurana » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi
I am trying to get my demopad to communicate with my vera.

I can send using the web command but not through the device option using the Get command.

There is very little info on the forum, but believe some members may have got it to work.

ThanksRaj

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Has anyone got this to work? I can run scenes and turn devices on and off using send data to a website commands, but GET commands for feedback are not working, at least I can't get them to work. Any idea?