Alignment

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
d_hero

Alignment

Post by d_hero » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Well im back again with another request (unless im being stupid and cant see how to do this)

I can see the alignment option when more than one item is selected, so I can align 1 item with respect to another or evenly space a group of items. What i cant see how to do is align a button or image or something with the page itself. For example, I want to align a button centrally on the page and I want to align a subpage vertically central with respect to the page itself, but I can only align them relative to another object. It leaves me having to guess if its central or not or put it right to the left edge of the page and count the number of button presses that i move it, which is laborious to say the least! (while im on that subject, why cant we press and hold to move objects on the screen)

Thanks

Idealhomes

Re: Alignment

Post by Idealhomes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Under page settings, try using the "Grid" and setting it as high as possible to get your desired center. You could use "snap to grid" to align your buttons but sometimes it does not put them you where you want them, it would be easier to use the grid and then manually align all from there.
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"

thedazman

Post by thedazman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 pm

How about create two dummy objects the same size, place one to the far left, one to the far right and your one as near the Center, then evenly space them, this should force the middle object dead Center ??

I'm guessing here, but sounds logical

Daz

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 am

that sounds logical. The way im currently doing it is to subtract the dimensions of the object from the width or height of the page, then divide the remainder by 2 which gives me the number of pixels on each side of the object. I then use the object properties (F4) to move the object pixel by pixel until it matches those figures.