Which command works best

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
anderdea

Which command works best

Post by anderdea » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 pm

I’ve been having some issues turning on my Sony Bravia 4K TV (IR commands). Sometime the send command works and more likely it doesn’t. All other Sony command work fine. I’ve been using the “actions when released” action on all my commands and macro strings and in general it seems to perform correctly. Would I be better served using the “action when pressed” action? Also I usually use a .3 second delay when starting a macro command. Should I start the first action in the string with no delay? Does it really make a difference.

Really most interested on when it’s most appropriate to use the released or pressed action.

Thanks.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Which command works best

Post by DemoPad » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:13 am

There is no difference between pressed and released actions, except for when they occur. Most Sony IR codes need to repeat in order to work, so if you send an IR code (presume you are using a Centro?) and then immediately send another, the Sony code might be cut off, so leave a small delay between the Sony code and any future IR code.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Actually I’m using a GC IPtoIR unit.
So are you saying as an example:
0.0 Sony TV discrete power on
1.0 Sony TV descrete power on
1.3 Sony TV channel 4

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Yes - which specific command is it that intermittently works? I wouldn't have thought 1 second would be enough time for the TV to turn on though

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:49 pm

The “Sony TV discrete power on”
When it’s working, the power comes on almost as soon as I Take my finger off the button. Usually set at .00 or .30 but just a single power on line item. There is a light on the front of the TV set that illuminates so I know the command took.

The command string is to turn on the power, go to channel 4 and then enter the channel 4 command.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:33 pm

I believe I misunderstood your question on Sony TV code repeats.
Within the IR code there are 3 repeats for each Sony TV code transmitted.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:55 am

Ok - if you are using a global cache unit, try the same command multiple times via Global Cache's iTest software - assuming the same problem exists, then Global Cache support might be better placed to assist further. We have no reported similar issues with our Centro IR hardware.

Out of interest, which Global Cache unit are you using? GC-100s for example, only allow a single client connection to them, so if you have multiple apps running, or multiple devices in DemoPad with the same IP address / port, then that would cause this type of problem.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:15 pm

Thanks.
I’m using the GC IP2IR unit and it’s been working very well for me ever since my iRule days.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:30 pm

I believe IP2IR units allow up to 8 simultaneous connections, so that should be ok. What about the test with iTest - do you see the same issue? If you don't, then try a button on the app which does nothing except send that single command - that should narrow down the issue.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:19 pm

The frustrating issue is that with no changes, the power is turning on fine again. Maybe there’s something going on with my network.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:28 pm

Had to change my command fro Sony Discrete Power on to Sony TV Power. Now it works.