NVIDIA SHEILD

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
Mark Reece

NVIDIA SHEILD

Post by Mark Reece » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Simply, can Demopad control an Nvidia Shield?

manaman

Re: NVIDIA SHEILD

Post by manaman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:15 am

I believe the remote that ships with it is IR, so you should be able to capture the IR commands for it and use those. I am not sure if it's possible to use IP commands, I do not have one to play with.

Greggus44

Post by Greggus44 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:48 am

I'm looking at this now the latest shield doesnt have IR the remote is bluetooth but also there are ip commands for the app, it's been suggested the amp get ripped down to see what the ports and commands are ,but once I've got that I'm not sure how to then build that into demopad.

manaman

Post by manaman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Once you have the IP commands 'stripped out', you just add the Shield as a device (with the Shield's IP address and port) in DemoPad Designer, and add the IP commands you've managed to get, to the commands section for that device. Then you can just test the commands directly from DemoPad Designer and see if they work/what they do. If you have a Centro 8/8M and send all commands through it, you need to upload the project to that first before you can test the commands since the commands will be sent from the Centro8/8M.

Greggus44

Post by Greggus44 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Sweet thanks I'm still really new to this and we are using this at work with preconfigured config which are riddled with mistakes so I've taken it upon myself to learn the system by putting it in at home, problem is the integration level we use at home focuses on our own kit and not 3rd party like nvidia which will come despite them saying we wont do it.

manaman

Post by manaman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 am

Would be good to know how you get on as I've not played with a Shield yet. Bear in mind some devices, although they can be controlled over the LAN with their own control app may have some sort of pairing process which DemoPad may or may not be able to do, an example is the Apple TV and the Apple TV remote app - the app sends IP commands but that doesn't mean any third party control app will. It's just a matter of trial and error, I hope it works out for you with the Shield.

Greggus44

Post by Greggus44 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:56 am

There must be commands out there I may email nvidia direct as I just bought an LG C9 and that recognised the shield straight away and allows the lg magic remote to control it although they did forget the home button so once in an app you cant get back out easily.

mpg732

Post by mpg732 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm

The LG is using HDMI control of it. I experienced the same thing. I have also controlled the shield using EventGhost but its slow and not reliable. The best it to buy the USB to IR adapter that is commonly used for the Shield. I forget the name of it. I have it and it works great.